Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I HATE winter!!!!

I am incredibly anxious for Jeremy and I to move our family someplace warm! This winter weather is really getting to me and this past week was incredibly crazy for us.

It all started at around 2 am this morning when Jeremy woke me up and told me that I had to look outside. I knew that we had some bad weather coming and figured that there was an outrageous amount of snow outside. We had already been hit pretty hard by about 4" of snow and we had some rain falling that was instantly turning to ice when I had went to bed around 12:30. I crawled across the bed to look outside and the entire sky was lit up bright orange and blue so I knew their had to be a fire somewhere. We started trying to look around and finally through some trees saw a fire near the 2 lane highway that is relatively close to our house. About this time we decided it had to be a power line down because of all the ice or a transformer that had blown. At that exact moment the electric went out!

Now, if it were just Jeremy and I it wouldn't have been such an issue. We would have made a bed in front of the fireplace and had take out for a day or two. But it isn't just us anymore. We have baby Wyatt and we were worried about him getting cold. I called my aunt and talked to her to make sure that the electric was still on in town and then began gathering everything we needed in order to last a day or two away from home. Into my grandma's we trekked at 4am and finally got down to sleep only to be awoken by wyatt wanting his breakfast at 7:30. Food does not wait for power outages!

We were doing pretty well at Grandma's until around 10 am when the electric there went off. Luckily it is within city limits so they had it back on within around a half hour. Power has been down all over the county as well as the surrounding counties. Also, when Jeremy went to check on the house Wednesday there were multiple trees down around our property as well!

Thursday proved to be just as trying since the electric decided to tease us by going on and off several times. That night, Grandma's house began to get awfully crowded so around 10pm we packed up and went home since we had heard the electric was back. It was on all night until about 9am on Friday morning. Since my car was parked half way up the drive due to ice, I didn't want to walk down with Wyatt so I lit a fire in the fireplace and kept us in that living room as much as possible. Jeremy was able to get a generator and we decided to go to a friends house to combine that with their generator so that we would have a house with full electric and heat. In the middle of packing up, our electric came back on and luckily has stayed that way.

This all still sums up to the fact that I am READY TO MOVE!!

No comments: