Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Welcoming Fall

I think that I have been in denial about the fact that fall is here. I am COMPLETELY opposed to that dreaded season that follows autumn and I try to pretend that it isn't just around the corner, however, sights like this one make me realize I don't have much choice in the matter.

I do LOVE fall, though, and know it is one of the things I will miss the most when we move south. We celebrated fall in fashion this evening by carving Wyatt's pumpkin, playing in the leaves and then I made pumpkin muffins. So yummy.

**Disclaimer: ignore Wyatt's horribly mismatched clothing! =) I had changed him out of his jeans and into comfy pants for his nap and hadn't changed him back for pumpkin carving**


Helping Daddy clean the "gunk" out of the pumpkin.



Poking out the holes for the eyes




He wants to kiss everything lately =)




Diving into the little pile of leaves on the porch




Finished product: Classic Pumpkin




The yumminess of the pumpkin muffins
On a side note, I have decided it is time to start seriously dieting again. I was on a diet when I got pregnant with Wyatt and gained so much with him that I got depressed. I was starting to try to take hold of it when I got pregnant with Maddi so I took it easy and only gained 1/3 of the weight with her as I did with him. Now I am seriously trying to get back to at least close to where I was when Jeremy and I started dating. I am following Weight Watchers without going to meetings and am down 11.4 pounds! Whoo hoo!




Now some more cuteness!


Miss Priss... Notice the scar I got from when I fell in the pasture when I
was pregnant with her...Niiiiice...


Wyatt holding Maddi... He couldn't decide if he wanted to hold
her close or push her off his lap...

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Way to go on your weight loss!!! Thats great progress! :)
We didnt carve pumpkins this year. Looks like Mr Wyatt had fun with it though! Yay!
The kids are too cute!