Saturday, October 10, 2009

H1N1 Vaccination

I am getting REALLY stressed out over this whole H1N1 thing. I am not normally worried about them getting sick since we wash hands constantly and they don't really go anywhere but I am so worried over this. I don't know what to do about the vaccination. On one hand I don't want to refuse the vaccination and then they get it and something happen to one of them and on the other hand I don't want to get it and then the vaccination cause problems. ACK!

I know that Madelinn is too young to get either flu shot so that worries me as well. Wyatt is going to his 18 month appointment ( a month late, they couldn't get him in) on Wednesday and is getting his seasonal flu shot. I intend to ask the pediatrician what she thinks about the vaccination and see if she recommends it for him/us.

I am in the public schools right now teaching and observing for my degree and that is where most of my unease comes from. I have decided to shower and sanitize from now on when I come home before I touch them and hope that minimizes their exposure. We have my mother-in-law and my Gran come to the house to watch them while I am at school or at the public schools so I think that helps as well. One problem being that they may have to go into daycare in March as bad as I hate the thought. I have to do 10 weeks of student teaching which is 5 days a week full days. I am still trying to find a baby sitter or 2 (that are family/close friends) so I don't have to shuttle them around too much. Cross your fingers for me that I find someone!

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

This is just my opinion and what we have decided for our family. We decided against getting H1N1 vaccinations. H1N1 hasn't been around that long and I feel that not enough research and studies have been done on either. It worries me that they can poop out a vaccine withing a few months and call it "safe". I will say No Thanks and just be extra cautious. I am a stay at home Mom anyway and when we go grocery shopping I bring my lysol on the go for the shopping cart! or Hubbs pushes the shopping cart and I push Noah in his stroller.:)
I think you do raise a good point for concern with working in public schools. I think if that was my situation I would consider the vaccine a little more too.
I hope that you find someone to watch the little ones. I know that awful feeling of daycare. I'll say a prayer everything works out for you!! :)