Monday, April 6, 2009

Trip to the zoo and an ultrasound, too!


Saturday Morning (April 4), Jeremy, Wyatt, my grandma, and I took off to Columbus for a zoo visit. I had also scheduled a 4d ultrasound that morning to make sure that Maddi was indeed a girl!

Our day started really early with Jeremy and I getting up between 6 and 6:30 am and then waking Wyatt up an hour early at 6:50 am so he could have breakfast so that we could get ready to pick my grandma up. He refused to go back to sleep on the 2 hour drive so we knew the lack of sleep would catch up to us later.

We picked up my grandma and made our way to First Expressions for my 3d/4d ultrasound. I was very impressed with the office and was incredibly happy with the ultrasound tech and my experience. I told her that my main purpose for being there was to verify gender before I started shopping. I didn't tell her what the hospital had told me that she was and was hoping to get the same answer from this tech. Maddi was very active yet again and I was afraid it was going to be a repeat of the hospital ultrasound but all of a sudden she started giving great "girl" shots. The tech kept talking about how active she was and I said that yes, she is way more active than Wyatt ever was. She says that it is odd because girls are generally less active than boys. I asked her if that meant she was a girl and she starts showing me some good shots she got between the legs. So we are for sure having a baby girl. Here are some of the pictures from the ultrasound.
Face

Good shot that she is a girl...

Doing her "Woe is me" pose...

Arm up over her little head
After the ultrasound we headed over to the zoo. I have to say, I LOVE the zoo. One of my first dates with Jeremy was to the zoo during their Christmas light extravaganza. That was back in 05 and the last time we had been to this zoo. We had made a trip to the Cincinnati zoo about 2 years ago but it just isn't as nice as the Columbus in our opinion.

A week before our trip a new baby elephant, yet to be named, was born (march 27). They had started showing him the day before our visit for 2 hours a day. When we got there we got straight in line since it was already a little past 11 which is when they brought him out. The elephants have to be one of my favorites at the zoo.

My poor, tired baby waiting to see the elephants
Checking out the goose. These geese were everywhere...

My boys.. It was a bit chilly in the morning so they were all bundled up!

Baby Elephant. So cute!

After waiting around an hour and a half to see the baby elephant we made our way across the zoo to the Africa section to a food court. We ate a good lunch and then made our way around the various "countries" of the zoo.

Checking out the Gorillas


Checking out the goats at the petting zoo...
After the zoo we went to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner. It was around 6 when we got there and there was a huge wait. Wyatt was sooooo exhausted by this point and so was mommy! He was not the most pleasant baby at dinner, very cranky and grabbing at everything he shouldn't be. But, eh, you win some, you lose some. It could have been much, much worse.

All in all we had a great day. Considering that Jeremy may be beginning to work 7 days a week here really soon I was glad we were able to get out with the family.

No comments: