Monday, April 13, 2009

13 months and Easter

Yesterday Wyatt turned 13 months and it was his second Easter. It is so odd to think we are beginning the "seconds" when it comes to celebrations.

He had a good Easter weekend though it was a bit uneventful. Saturday afternoon my mom (Nana) came up to pick him up for an overnight visit. I had some major cleaning to get done and it is much easier for me to bleach floors and deep clean when I am not trying to time it around naps! We met at Bob Evans and had lunch and they went on their way while I went to the store for some needed cleaning supplies. Then, on home in order to get started before hubby got home from work. He worked a long day but decided that it would be a nice night for a date night. Dinner and a movie (Haunting in Connecticut) was great and I am so glad that we went. The next morning, even though baby boy wasn't here, I still woke up at the same time and got started on the house.

I had some over expectations on what I was going to be able to get done but, happily, I got almost everything done that I had planned. I left around 2:30 to head down to get Wyatt from my mom's and then spent about an hour and a half there visiting. She had gotten him a Wagon with some Easter goodies in it and he absolutely LOVES riding around in his wagon. On the way home we stopped and Jeremy's parents to get some Easter dinner to-go and get his Easter basket from them. They got him a couple of cute outfits as well as a sand bucket and shovel which he loved filled with goodies (with some extra bagged up for mommy and daddy).

We came home just in time to get his basket here which was a cute little basket with a camo bucket hat over it. Again, more goodies, and then to top it all off Daddy got home from work for some great rough housing and playtime before bed. All-in-all it was a great weekend for us all.


I had better finish this up as I hear him over the monitor with the hiccups that are keeping him from taking his nap. I feel bad that there isn't anything that I can do to fix them for him....

No comments: