Tuesday, February 16, 2010

W 23 Months *updated


Oh my! His birthday is next month! I can hardly believe it. He is growing sooooo much and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. He is working on potty training and we have had some successes on that front. Usually out of the 3 hours he goes without a diaper we can get him to go on the potty about 2 out of 3 times. I am SO proud of him. We don't really have a set goal to try to be daytime potty trained by but by the time we go on vacation in mid-June would be nice. We are still having some food issues. The kid doesn't really care for meat so I have been trying to get him protein through eggs and peanut butter. sigh.... Other than that things are great. I am about half way through planning his birthday party. He is going to love it this year because he actually gets the present thing now and is going to have some really good ones to open =).. I can't wait!
I forgot to mention some of the really neat things he is doing right now. He almost always speaks in 2-3 word sentences now days. "ex. Mommy, baby sister's cryin'". Or cry-nin if you want to pronounce it like he does. He also knows many of his shapes: triangle, square, rectangle, circle, star, crescent (or moon). He knows some of his colors but still confuses them sometimes. Most of the time he gets green, orange, blue and purple correct but yellow, black and white are always a toss-up. He also recognizes all of his capital letters and some high frequency little letters like a and b. He, of course, knows the little letters that look just like the big letters.. LOL.. He also loooves to show all these things off for anyone who will sit still long enough to listen. He likes to count to 10.. over.. and over.. AND OVER.. my little goofy boy!

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

I can't believe our boys will be 2! That just blows my mind! Time sure has flown by! Congrats on your scores! Way to go Momma!