Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love Your Heart by Tim McGraw & Tom Douglas. Illustrations by Abigail Marble


Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas have done an amazing job in this lovely book about a little girl and her selfless act and her father who is there to support her every step of the way. The vibrant illustrations by Abigail Marble almost leap off the page and tell the story right along with the beautiful wording.


The book follows little Katie in making her decision of which of her many talents to showcase in the talent show. She tries many but ends up showing something she didn't consider in the beginning; her selflessness. I think the book is great for little girls of all ages. I read it to my six month old daughter and she couldn't take her eyes away from the illustrations and sat quite still for the entire book.


I am really happy to see a book that details the relationship between a father and his daughter. There just are not very many that venture away from the mother/child or father/son relationship. It is a very nice change. I can't wait to see what comes next from this series.


I was given a complimentary copy of this book to review by Thomas Nelson and was asked to give my honest opinion about the book.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

I agree there isn't many daughter/daddy books. Thats great!